Thursday, September 13, 2007

THING #23

My favorite exercises were the ones I could share with my daughter. She was excited that I knew about podcasting, YouTube, and image generators. Somehow I feel a little more "with it". I think this program has made me realize just how much I don't know about web 2.0 and technology.
As for improving the program, one suggestion would be to have someone on-site to help when we get stuck. I really liked being able to work at my desk, but I got stuck a few times where I needed someone to look at where I was and to give me tips on how to proceed. I mostly figured it out by trial and error but it was very time consuming. My second suggestion would be to scale back on the number of things covered and spend more time on each. I would just begin to understand one thing and would immediately be on to the next thing.
I would describe my overall experience as both enlightening and humbling. I felt excited to learn about all this new technology, but felt I was only scratching the surface.