Friday, August 3, 2007

THING #9

The method of finding feeds that I found the easiest to use was Bloglines Search tool. Perhaps because I had used the Bloglines website previously that it seemed familiar somehow. When I searched libraries I got 7,590 feeds and looking through the first several pages, they seemed relevant and interesting. Feedster allowed me to search by category but seemed to bring up everything remotely concerned with libraries. Topix.net seemed best suited for news by geographical area. Syndic8.com was not easy to read and results were confusing. Too technical for the average user. Technorati gave overwhelming numbers of results but the videos and photos were interesting to peruse. It struck me that there are an enormous number of feeds on every subject imaginable!

No comments: